Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's a new year, and with it comes new resolutions. I've made many resolutions in the past (and broken many as well), but this year, I've resolved to update this blog more than once every 6 months. (We're aiming for once a week...we'll see how that goes.)

Since this originally started as a photo blog, it's only fitting that I should update you on the state of my camera. Alas, the digital one is still broken (unfortunately resulting in an entire semester of undocumented shenanigans). However, Santa was wonderful to me (and by Santa, I mean my parents) and brought me a beautiful new Canon 35mm camera for Christmas!! I'm so excited, and have been playing around with it during my break. I also just recently discovered my photos from my trip to Ireland junior year, and am now going through serious Ireland withdrawal. But I've included a couple below (so that this post, at least, has some photos in it), and hopefully sometime in the near future I'll have the chance to take some more!

As usual, I've recently discovered a new artist whose music I'm in love with. The flavor of this month is Rosi Golan. My dear friend Deirdre sent me one of her songs, and alas, I'm hooked! My faves from her newest album, The Drifter and the Gypsy, are "Hazy" and "Shine," and her collaboration with Human "Follow the Arrow" is what got me hooked in the first place. Check her out if you get the chance! :)

As promised, IRELAND:

Muckross Lake

The Cliffs of Moher


No comments:

Post a Comment