Wednesday, May 25, 2011

it's me again.

Well, I'm back. Miss me? Last time I wrote, I was about to start my senior year, and now it's over and I've graduated!! I'm spending the next two months at the Marianist Family Retreat Center in Cape May Point, NJ, which is beautiful, peaceful, and across the street from the beach. I got here last Friday, and have since run a retreat and welcomed 3 more groups that are using the house...and been useful in the kitchen, for once. I'm the summer intern, which loosely translates to "I do whatever anyone tells me needs to be done." Granted, today what needed to be done was transcribing a song and making up dance moves to it, so I'm not complaining one bit.

Yesterday was beautiful - after dinner Eden (my roomie until tomorrow) and I went down to the beach. No one else was there, and we both just chilled for an hour until it started to rain. I jammed out a bit with some P&W until my fingers were dunzo - it seemed so fitting. Between the peace of the empty beach, the calm of the water, and the beauty of the sun shining down through the clouds, it was so easy to feel the presence of God, and it felt natural that I should praise Him for it.

Tomorrow we start really planning for the summer retreats - I'm excited to get to really see this place at its finest. But here's a pic to leave you with for the day (taken on my phone - digital cam's STILL out of commission...) from the beach this afternoon.



peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment