Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowpocalypse 2010

I'm sorry I've been such a horrible blogger - it's been 3 weeks since my last post. BAD Carolyn...

The past 3 weeks have been busy busy busy... I'll start at the beginning, back in January.

March 22 was the March for Life, with the Vigil for Life the night before. I helped out at the Duf, where we hosted about 1200 teen pilgrims (and their chaperones) overnight before the March. The March this year was AMAZING. More than half a MILLION people came out to march, including over 500 students from CUA. There's no way Obama won't hear us now...hopefully, he took this outpouring of love as a sign that he should really start loving (and stop murdering) babies... I mean, they're BABIES. What's not to love?! (by now, you should have figured out my love of all things baby). 

The CUA Cares Novena for Haiti ended, fittingly, on the day of the March, and Fr. Bob announced that the CUA Students raised $28,500, which the university is matching. That means that CUA is donating a total of $60,000 to help Haiti. I love my school. 

As I'm sure you've heard, the past week and a half were pretty fun for DC. Since last Thursday, we've gotten more than 4 feet of snow, resulting in an entire week of cancelled classes, and a bit of cabin fever. Instead of taking advantage of this extra time to catch up on schoolwork, I caught up on sleep, hot chocolate-drinking, and movie-watching. By Wednesday, I was going a bit crazy. BUT, yesterday I managed to be productive and got a little work done. And now, I'm on a bus (with WiFi!) on my way home to CT. Tomorrow night is the ceili, my dance school's fundraiser for the girls going to Nationals!! This year, my sister is one of those girls, so it's going to be an exciting ceili. 

Of course, this wouldn't be a post by me without some sort of music discovery, and I won't let you down. :) My new obsession? United State of Pop 2009 (Blame It on the Pop) by DJ Earworm. It's a mashup of the Top 25 Pop Songs of 2009, and is brilliant (way better than his 2007 & 2008 mashups, although those are pretty stellar too). You can find (and download!) the song and music video here. (Do it. You won't regret it.) 

Have a great weekend!!

Peace and love,

me. :)

2 comments:

  1. I virtually marched this year while at work, so that was pretty cool. EWTN broadcasted live - for a moment, I thought I was actually there.

    Hope you enjoyed your time at home! I wonder if we were on the road at the same time. I went south to DC while you went north!

    ReplyDelete