Wednesday, July 27, 2011

new music from Ingrid and inspiration from tragedy.

I found an article on msn last night about a little girl from WA who asked her friends to donate to charity:water instead of giving her presents for her 9th birthday. Her goal was to raise $300 and give clean water to 15 people in 3rd world countries. She was tragically killed in a car accident last week, but from her death has come such an inspiring outpouring of love - her birthday wish was publicized on the news and all over facebook and twitter and such, and people have begun donating to help her achieve her goal. So far she's raised over $300,000. The goodness in people amazes me - I feel like the public opinion is that people are inherently awful, but things like this give me some hope. :)

Also, Ingrid's newest single was released recently - hopefully the last of the album will come soon, but for now I'm perfectly content to listen to her gorgeous voice over and over again in this song. Perfection.


"I don't know when I will be completed. Maybe I will never be completed. And maybe, it is ok if we are never complete.  Maybe our completeness comes in the incomplete. Chocolate helps." - Ingrid Michaelson

(LovelOVelovE).

No comments:

Post a Comment